In recent years Ireland has emerged as a prominent educational hub for International Students. The country homes some of the finest Institutes in the world with excellent modern infrastructure. Some of the key fields Irish Universities specialize in include the Natural Science, Technology, Economics and Humanities. After becoming a part of the European Nation, Ireland turned to an economic powerhouse. Ireland also happens to be one of the countries in European Nation to recognize English as an official Language.
USP of Studying in Ireland:
- Ireland has excellent education infrastructure and equipped with noteworthy amenities and education resources
- Huge scholarship opportunities for International students
- Master program is for one year and globally recognized
- English is spoken as an official language
- One of the safest and friendliest country in the world
- It is home to big industry giants
- Huge part time and full-time work opportunities
- Huge scholarship opportunities
- Trinity College, Dublin
- University College, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- University College Cork
- Dublin City University
Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG:
- Minimum of 60% is required in class 12 for UG admission in any good university.
- SAT is not required for any UG program.
- A minimum score of 6 band for IELTS and 96 IBT is required for TOEFL as English Proficiency test. IELTS and TOEFL is more required for getting scholarship and visa approval even though if university does not ask for the score.
- GRE is not required for admission in any master program however GMAT is required for management program in some B schools
- A minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS and 98 IBT in TOEFL is required as English proficiency test.
Part time and stay back option:
Part time job allows International students to ease the financial pressure and also helps students to build a professional network and gain experience which helps to build a career after the course gets over.
- Student can work between 20 hours per week during the course. Students can opt for full time work during public holidays. The minimum wage is 9 Euro per hour.
- Student can work up to 40 hours as full time after completion of course.
For both Masters and PHD students can stay up to 24 months.
Fall- September Intake.
Note: Major intake is the fall intake.
Cost of living and cost of attendance:
Cost of Living:
Cost of living largely depends on whether the student is choosing to stay inside campus or in private properties outside campus. It also depends on the city student is studying in. Dublin will be more expensive than Galway, Galway will be more expensive than Cork. The cost varies between 9000 Euro to 13000 Euro annually.
Cost of Attendance:
- Undergraduate courses: 9,850 – 55,000 EUR/year
- Postgraduate Master’s and PHD courses: 9,950 – 35,000 EUR/year
Note: Full funding for PHD is difficult in Ireland.
Huge scholarship both internal and external is available for Master students.
In the last couple of years Ireland had huge economic development which is a huge advantage for International students.
- European headquarter of most technology giant companies are set in Ireland.
Example: Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Etsy
- Financial Services-Example-JP Morgan, Citibank, Barclays, American Bank
- Health Technology
- Process engineering