Germany – it’s a powerhouse of innovation and a treasure trove for the academically inclined. Think about it. Where else would you find the perfect blend of groundbreaking research and real-world application? It’s no surprise that countless students worldwide eye Germany for higher studies.
You want more than just a degree. You’re after an enriching cultural immersion, a platform to broaden your perspectives, and a launchpad for a stellar career. Germany ticks all these boxes and more.
The TU9 Universities consist of nine leading Institutes of Technology that are recognized for their outstanding achievements in research and development. These include:
- RWTH Aachen University
- Technical University of Berlin
- Braunschweig University of Technology
- Technical University of Darmstadt
- Dresden University of Technology
- Leibniz University of Hannover
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Stuttgart
These universities are known for their rigorous academic programs and strong industry connections.
Understanding the admission criteria is paramount to finding your place in these elite institutions. Here’s what you need to know:
- Academic Qualifications: All TU9 Universities require proof of secondary education that is equivalent to the German Abitur, the highest level of high school graduation in Germany. For students from countries outside of the European Union, an entrance qualification examination may be required.
- Language Proficiency: Since many courses at TU9 Universities are taught in German, evidence of German language proficiency, typically through the TestDaF or DSH exams, is often necessary. Some programs taught in English may require proof of English proficiency, such as the IELTS or TOEFL.
- Specific Course Requirements: Certain programs may have additional requirements such as a specific grade point average, prerequisite courses, or even relevant work experience. Always check with the specific program to ensure you meet all criteria.
- Motivation Letter and References: Universities are interested in motivated students who are committed to their chosen field of study. A well-written motivation letter and strong references can make your application stand out.
- Preparation Courses or Studienkollegs: For students who still need to meet the direct admission criteria, TU9 Universities offer one-year preparatory courses known as Studienkollegs. These programs prepare students in specific subject areas and include a final assessment test.
Getting admission to some of the best universities in the world can be tough. That’s why overseas education consultants are here to help. These experts can navigate you through the twists and turns of the application process. They’ve got your back, from getting your documents in order to guide you through visa applications. Get in touch with them today.